This page lists our favorite online resources for Immunology Graduate Students to learn or review aspects of statistical analysis essential for research. Given the dynamic nature of online content, we welcome suggestions for new links to be added (as well as problems with any links below) !
Introductory lessons online :
- Gerald E Dalal’s “Little handbook of statistical practice” : A good (and short) series of lessons on the basic concepts of statistics
- Algobeans : A very nice blog explaining analytics in Layman’s terms
- StatQuest : YouTube channel from Joshua Starmes at UNC, Chapel Hill, explaing important statistical tools in laymans terms. Note that some of the videos are on his other interests; but look for the Statquest ones.
- HyperStat : A fairly comprehensive collection of statistics lessons
Good tutorial resources compiled by some journals :
- The Nature guide to essential statistics : Points of Significance
- British Medical journal guide : Statistics at square one
- Institute for laboratory animal research : Special issue on Experimental Design and Statistics
Books for further reading: